Application for Allen College Scholarship Assistance
The deadline to apply for Allen College institutional scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year was February 1, 2023.
Allen College has more than 130 institutional scholarships. Several scholarships have specific criteria. The general scholarship application form is used for all scholarships offered through Allen College for the health sciences and nursing schools.
This scholarship application does not pertain to any scholarships offered by community, civic, private, or other groups and organizations outside Allen College or the Allen Foundation.
Who should apply:
To be considered for Allen College scholarships, scholarship applicants must be enrolled at or accepted to Allen College at the time the Scholarship Selection Committee processes scholarships applications. Prospective students should apply if there is a chance that they will be enrolled or accepted at the time of scholarship selection.
Employees of Allen College (full-time and part-time) do not qualify for this institutional scholarship assistance. This does not include tutors, work study or adjunct.
To be considered an eligible applicant for 2023-2024, you must attend Allen College summer 2023 and/or fall 2023 and/or spring 2024.
Once you click on the link to apply at the top of this page, you will be taken to the Welcome page of the application.
Click on "Apply" or “Login.”
You will be taken to the Login page. If you completed an application in a previous year, there are instructions if you cannot remember your password. If you have not applied for scholarship assistance in a prior year, you may create an ID and password.
Note: Email communications may be sent to the email
used as your Login ID. If you would like this ID
You will be taken to the Dashboard page of the scholarship application. Read all directions thoroughly. The first task is to complete the request for two scholarship references (shown as Request on the Dashboard).
It is the student's responsibility to verify the scholarship application and two references are submitted prior to the deadline. Scholarship applications without two references are not considered complete. Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered for Allen College institutional scholarships.
Questions: Contact a representative from the Scholarship Selection Committee at (319) 226-2011.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE.
The selection process takes several months to complete, and most awards are announced in May and June.
- A Scholarship Selection Committee reviews completed scholarship applications. Completed scholarship applications are those submitted with two scholarship references by the scholarship deadline and who also complete the FAFSA by March 1.
- The scholarship selection process is a competitive process based on scholarship criteria, financial need, GPA, community service and the scholarship application as a whole (including references). Not all scholarship applicants receive an award.
- Applicants with a background matching the scholarship criteria will be considered eligible for those scholarships.
- Your scholarship application will remain active for the academic year until final awards have been made for all scholarships.
- Award amounts are based on availability of funds and may vary every year.
NOTE: Reducing your enrollment from full-time to part-time
after you are awarded a scholarship may impact your